Sunday, April 10, 2011

Comedy Festival -- Laughing Skull Lounge

Jon took me out last night to our favorite comedy club, the Laughing Skull Lounge.  It's mostly our favorite because it's within walking distance from our house and we can get VIP tickets the same day for $23.  Friday night was the Laughing Skull Comedy Festival and featured 13 comics doing their best 6-8 mins of standup for 2 hours straight.  Really 6 mins is all you need and most everyone was really funny.  The audience had no hand in voting for their favorite comedian but I laughed so hard I cried when the comedian, Collin Moulton took the stage.  He was absolutely hilarious.  Imagine our surprise when the semi-finalists were announced and Collin's name was not even amongst the top 6!  He was robbed!  If you want to see for yourself, watch the video below.  I had to hold my stomach because I was laughing so hard!

Oh and Margaret Cho was the 'guest comedian' and was absolutely horrible.  I don't think people laughed during the 20 minutes she was on stage. It was painful.  This woman gets paid to get on stage? I honestly don't know how or who actually finds her funny.  It was an unfortunate way to end a hilarious comedy festival with someone who just sucked the air out of the room.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here