Thursday, April 14, 2011

Full term -- Week 37 (April 14, 2011)

Today is day 1 of week 37 so we are officially full term.  The baby could come in the next 3 days or 3 weeks so we're trying to keep our expectations low.  I've made a side deal with Baby F and we've agreed to meet in the middle at Week 38.  I don't know if s/he will hold up his/her side of the bargain but I will do my part to keep mine.  One popular restaurant outside of Atlanta boasts that eating their eggplant parmigiana dish will bring on labor. If your baby is born within 48 hours of eating their eggplant dish, you can send in your baby's picture and they will post it on the wall of the restaurant and online.  Eggplant Parmigiana Babies

We had our 37 week check up this morning and had the Group B Strep test.  I've read on the blogs about women freaking out about this test but it was less than nothing.  I shouldn't read hysterical blogs but they are so entertaining!  The midwife said that I'm still measuring about 2 cm smaller than my gestational week, which has been occurring since week 33.  She said there is nothing to worry about since my ultrasounds all came back normal and the baby is moving around healthily.  The cm-week correlation is an indicator but definitely not conclusive or scientific.  I won't be measured for dilation or effacement until week 39/41 if the baby hasn't arrived yet.  There is no medical reason to check and unlike the Group B Strep test, it is quite invasive.  I'll hold off on that until the baby wants to come on his/her own (maaaybe with the help of some eggplant parmigiana!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here