Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Easter Menu 2011

Last year I tried out some new recipes for Easter and some worked out well while others fell flat.  Fortunately, I was feeding Jon, cousin Mikey and Dustin, so things I would normally worry about like, "flavor profiles" were somewhat lost on a group of hungry men.  They enjoyed it all and ate it happily so it was an overall success.

This year, my apron strings will be stretched to capacity and I will have to do some advanced planning to bake things on Saturday so Sunday is less hectic.

Here is what I have planned so far.  It doesn't seem like enough food for 4-6 people but I always seem to make too much.  I might double the beet salad since I could eat the entire thing on my own!

I need some ideas for desserts --

Menu:
  • Ham
  • Lasagna 
  • Asparagus
  • Roasted beet and goat cheese arugula salad
  • Scalloped potatoes
  • Biscuits (pictured below)
Ramp and buttermilk biscuits with coriander seeds (www.epicurious.com)


3 comments:

  1. Need dessert ideas? Do you want chocolately ideas? or fruity ideas? bars? cakes? I'll send you ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is one that I think you would like!

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/michael-chiarello/summer-berry-pudding-recipe/index.html

    I would use fresh fruit all the way, and if you read the comments people talk about using plastic wrap not cheesecloth - which makes it even easier.

    I have yet to even think about Easter - really not feeling like Spring in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas! We are headed to the farmer's market on Saturday so we will be picking up a lot of fresh veggies and fruits.

    Mom -- if you want Spring weather come down and visit us! We are routinely in the 70s-80s!

    ReplyDelete

Leave your thoughts here