Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Swedish Chef Diaries – Cod on Bacon with Mushroom and Potato Puree


After a week without and seafood, I decided to dive back in with a FANCY lookin dish that caught my eye on the official Sweden blog. This one sounded / looked complicated, but was actually pretty simple. Its basically easy mashed potatoes, easy baked fish and a somewhat complicated sauce. By “somewhat complicated”, I mean you sauté bacon, onions and mushrooms then put in some stock and red wine. Let that simmer for 20 minutes and BAMMO, taste explosion.
I added some sautéed spinach to it to get a little green in there, but all in all it was very simple to put together. The picture on the blog looked well put together, so I insisted that I bring out the plates put together, rather than the usual “family style” we normally do.
Overall, I think this might be our big winner so far. Fancy enough to look impressive, but simple enough to pull together quickly / easily. And tasty – that’s the important part obviously


Jon – 5 BORKS
Lisa – 5 BORKS
DOUBLE 5!!!!! FIRST PERFECT SCORE !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here