Friday, March 18, 2011

Physically prepared? Sure. Mentally prepared? No way!

So, last night while Jon was watching the first round of March Madness basketball, I casually asked if he was ready to bring the baby home in a month.  He looked at me slackjawed and replied, "umm...no!"  This is our problem.  We are completely prepared to receive a child -- we have a ton of diapers, bath towels, crib sheets, etc (thanks to the generosity of friends and family) but honestly, I don't think we've given it much thought aside from the preparedness aspect.  It's currently beyond our comprehension to absorb exactly how much our lives will change.  I know that people say, "Oh, nobody is ever prepared" and "Your lives will change in ways you can never predict."  -- instead of being reassuring, those statements drive fear into the core of my being.

I'm up for new challenges and I have no doubt that this will probably be the biggest challenge I have yet to face, but it still seems surreal at the moment.  Any sage advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here