Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Milk = mjölk

When we first arrived, Jon bought lactose-free milk.  10 days later, I buy sour milk. Disaster.

Here are two pictures of milk cartons -- you tell me which is the skim milk and which is full fat:



Now...I'm sure you could've figured it out by looking at the % fat.  The skim milk os 0.5% and the whole milk is 3%.  Ok easy enough. I bought whole milk.  No big deal, right? Just add it to your coffee and you're good to go.

NO, not at ALL!  I added it to my coffee, took a swig and gagged.  This isn't regular whole milk.  This is SOUR milk.  Yes, that is right.  They sell sour milk just like regular skim, 1.5% and whole milk.  Gross. We now need to figure out what to do with this much sour milk.  Most recipes only call for 1 cup of the stuff so I'm going to need to make a gallon of soup just to finish it up.

Here is a milk/mjölk guide:
lätt = skim
mellan = 1.5%
hel = whole
fil = evil sour milk that will ruin your day


               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here