Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Here comes the sun


The past two weeks have been joyfully filled with tons of SUNSHINE!  You have no idea how happy this makes me. I can handle cold weather (to a point) as long as there is sun.  It really makes a difference in mood, energy level and just plain enjoyment of the day.   Plus there is BLUE SKY!  No more gray blah dreariness.

So blue!
It was -10 this morning, so Calvin still has to be bundled up in 2 layers for everything -- 2 mittens, 2 socks, 2 pants, 2 shirts, 1 sweatshirt, snow pants and jacket.  I think he's a little tired of it all, as am I.  We've gotten our morning snow-clothes routine down to only 6 minutes as long as Calvin participates and helps me with all of the items.  Putting a pair of mittens on flailing hands is impossible, let alone 2 pairs of mittens!

Calvin's tired of all of the winter gear.  Me too buddy!
One tantrum-stopper that actually worked for me (no idea if it will ever work again), was that I gave him his time to freak out.  He really didn't want to put on his mittens and he kept flailing his hands and yelling.  I told him he had 5 more seconds to have his tantrum but after that, the mittens had to go on.  I counted to 5 with Calvin freaking out the entire time (not sure if he even heard me) and when I was done, he magically stopped and put his hand out to be properly "mittened."  Amazing! After those 5 seconds, he was a normal kid again and we went outside a few minutes later.

Spring can come anytime it wants...really spring - come on already!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your thoughts here